- From Kona International Airport, turn left onto Hwy. 19 and drive north toward Waimea.
- After about 30 minutes, turn left at the "T" on Kawaihae Road toward Kawaihae Harbor.
- Drive one mile, then turn right at the sign for Hawi on Hwy. 270.
- Continue north on Hwy. 270 for 22 miles until you reach Hawi.
- Drive through Hawi town and continue for 1.6 miles toward Kapa'au.
- Pass the Aloha Gas Station on the left.
- Look for a white vinyl fence on the left side.
- At the end of the fence, Look for Fig’s Mixed Plate on your left
- Just after Fig’s Mixed Plate, past the guard rails, turn left at Maluhia Road – it is a gravel road and there will be “Shoreline Public Access” and "Hawaii Island Retreat" signs at the turn. Follow these signs.
- Turn left at the “T’ through the tunnel of trees, turn right.
- Bear right when the road splits and enter the Porte Cochere. You have arrived!
Our Hawaii Island Retreat reservations office is open daily from 9am to 6pm Hawaii time.
- Our phone: (808) 889-6336.
Email us to request or to inquire about reservations dates. Please include your phone number, so that we can speak with you directly to book your final reservation.
- Our mailing address is PO Box 185 Kapa’au, HI 95755
Our physical address is 54-250 Lokahi Rd. Kapaau, HI 96755
All charges are in US dollars, unless otherwise specified. We accept VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, Discover Card, and personal checks.
If you have special needs or requests, please let us know at the time of booking.
We encourage all guests to arrange for a rental car from the airport as there is so much to see and do in North Kohala. You will appreciate the opportunity to explore. We have complimentary self-parking should you choose to rent a car.