- From Kona International Airport, turn left onto Hwy. 19 and drive north toward Waimea.
- After about 30 minutes, turn left at the "T" on Kawaihae Road toward Kawaihae Harbor.
- Drive one mile, then turn right at the sign for Hawi on Hwy. 270.
- Continue north on Hwy. 270 for 22 miles until you reach Hawi.
- Drive through Hawi town and continue for 1.6 miles toward Kapa'au.
- Pass the Aloha Gas Station on the left.
- Look for a white vinyl fence on the left side.
- At the end of the fence, Look for Fig’s Mixed Plate on your left
- Just after Fig’s Mixed Plate, past the guard rails, turn left at Maluhia Road – it is a gravel road and there will be “Shoreline Public Access” and "Hawaii Island Retreat" signs at the turn. Follow these signs.
- Turn left at the “T’ through the tunnel of trees, turn right.
- Bear right when the road splits and enter the Porte Cochere. You have arrived!